TOP 6 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
PREPARE NOW TO COMBAT COVID, FLU, AND COLDS
Many people don’t understand how their lymphatic system works until they experience an abnormality, illness, or surgery that causes their lymph nodes or lymphatic tissue to swell. Most of us simply take this amazing body system for granted and do very little or nothing at all to keep it healthy. We hope to change your thinking on that!
WHAT IS THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM?
Your lymphatic system is part of the body’s most important functions – the circulatory system and the immune system. Here’s how the two systems work together. Every day, about 20 liters of blood plasma flows through your body’s arteries and smaller blood vessels (arterioles and capillaries). “After delivering nutrients to the body’s cells and tissues and receiving their waste products, about 17 liters are returned to the circulation by way of veins. The remaining three liters seep through the capillaries and into your body’s tissues. The lymphatic system collects this excess fluid, now called lymph, from tissues in your body and moves it along until it ultimately returns it to your bloodstream.” – Cleveland Clinic
If you’ve ever felt a lump in your throat when you’re sick, more than likely, you’ve felt a lymph node that is swollen because it is fighting off an infection. Lymph nodes are glands that function as a filter to monitor and cleanse the lymph fluid. These lymph nodes produce and store immune system cells that attack and destroy harmful viruses, bacteria and other invaders. You have about 600 lymph nodes scattered throughout your body.
WHAT DOES THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM DO?
- Maintains fluid levels in your body
- Absorbs fats from the digestive tract
- Protects your body against foreign invaders by producing and releasing white blood cells and other immune cells that monitor and then destroy foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, cancer, parasites, and fungi
- Transports and removes waste products from normal cells and removes abnormal cells from the lymph
HOW TO KEEP YOUR LYMPHATIC SYSTEM HEALTHY
Fortunately, there are numerous things you can do to keep your lymphatic system healthy and functioning properly.
- Using vitamin and micronutrient supplementation
- Having monthly lymphatic drainage massage and/or dry brushing to detoxify your lymph nodes and increase circulation
- Avoiding contact with pesticides and other dangerous chemicals
- Bouncing, jumping, vibrating balance boards (rebounding) – stimulates the system
- Staying well hydrated. Drink purified or mineralized water to help flush toxins from the body
- Maintaining a healthy weight by eating a high (lean) protein, low carbohydrate, well-balanced diet and exercising
Pura Vida Body & Mind Spa located in Fleming Island, Florida, just outside of Jacksonville, is committed to helping you stay healthy, which is why we offer all of the following immune system boosters!
- IV Vitamin Infusion by LiquiVida using preservative free, 3rd party tested, with higher Vitamin C and Glutathione than other brands.
- Micronutrient Deficiency testing
- Lymphatic Drainage massage
- Dry brushing (with body scrub)
- Micronutrient Body Sculpting (body wrap)
- Serotonin Plus Weight Loss Program
Call us at 904-644-8586 to learn more or to schedule a service with us.