About Sports Massage
Sports massage therapy is geared toward athletes of all levels, including marathon runners, weightlifters, football players, and yogis. Undergoing a massage can help relieve soreness, pain, and muscle tension. It can also aid in recovery and promote optimal healing. Depending on your fitness level and sport, specific techniques will be used to cater to your unique needs and concerns. Call Pura Vida Body & Mind Spa in Fleming Island, FL to learn more.
Sports Massage Reviews
"Melissa did a relaxing hydrafacial. My skin really needed some TCL and that is what I received. I also waxed my legs. She used a soy wax which made it a pretty painless procedure. I felt cared for and that is priceless.I had a sports massage with Ericka too. AMAZINGNESS!!! This massage is great for tight muscles that need to stretch for some relief. Ericka stretched me farther than I can do on my own and it was so perfect for me. This is coupled with a massage that really gets into the knots on my neck, back and shoulders. It has been a great week for me!!!"- V.G. / Google / Oct 10, 2019
"PuraVida spa in Fleming Island will not disappoint you. From the moment I called to make an appt to the salt therapy room I was floored by the service. My husband and I had Erica for our massages! She was personable and amazing! Best morning Of 2019! Thank you!"- M.R. / Google / Dec 03, 2019
A sports massage is a revitalizing treatment designed to promote flexibility, increase circulation, and stimulate the muscles. Our highly trained therapists will use a combination of therapeutic techniques to repair your body to promote the natural healing process so you can regain your strength and mobility. Classical methods, like Swedish massage, trigger point therapy, active release, passive release, and myofascial release, may be used in your session. This is also an ideal treatment for pre and post workouts/physical activity. 50 and 80 minutes.
The following spa treatments can be added to your sports massage for even greater relaxation:
- SCALP: Gently warmed oil is massaged into the scalp and head to relax and de-stress. *Adds 25 minutes
- FEET: Manual massage concentrating on specific reflex points on the feet. *Adds 25 minutes
- TMJ/SINUS RELIEF: Therapy to relieve sinus pressure and the painful symptoms of TMJ. *Adds 25 minutes
- HOT STONES: Add hot stones to help relieve muscle tension and pain.
- HOT SALT STONES - Add hot salt into your session to help relieve muscle tension and reduce inflammation. *Adds 25 minutes. Read our Hot Salt blog
- AROMATHERAPY: Uses natural oils to elevate your relaxation. *Does not add additional time
- CBD: Uses CBD Oil for a truly relaxing and therapeutic massage experience. *Does not add additional time. Read our CBD blog post here.
Plan Your Procedure
Get Back In The Game
Massage therapy is excellent preventive care as it helps promote healing, eases soreness, and aids in mobility. Pain or discomfort caused by overuse or strained muscles can keep you from the physical activities you love. Call Pura Vida Body & Mind Spa in Fleming Island, FL to schedule a sports massage today so you can get back in the game stronger than before.