About Sports Massage
Sports massage therapy is geared toward athletes of all levels, including marathon runners, weightlifters, football players, and yogis. Undergoing a massage can help relieve soreness, pain, and muscle tension. It can also aid in recovery and promote optimal healing. Depending on your fitness level and sport, specific techniques will be used to cater to your unique needs and concerns. Call Pura Vida Body & Mind Spa in Fleming Island, FL to learn more.
"Very friendly staff. Amazing ambience. Smells clean and fresh. The salt cave was interesting. I was able to disconnect for two hours and it was wonderful. Heated tables for your massage. Warm blankets. I will be going back!"- J.A. / Google / Aug 15, 2019
"Love coming here to the salt room with my daughter! Everyone is very accomodating and the spa is beautifulful and very relaxing!!! My daughter feels better after we leave, she can breathe again! Momma enjoyed the relaxation as well :-)"- M.F. / Google / Aug 12, 2019
"Fantastic services. Wanna look younger? Try this spa."- J.B. / Facebook / Feb 28, 2019
"Melissa Googe was great! She really takes her time going over skin care, making sure to answer any and all questions. Such a relaxing experience and I left with glowing skin thanks to a hydrafacial. I will definitely be returning soon!"- A.F. / Google / Aug 10, 2019
"Knowledgeable and caring staff. Very clean facility."- J.S. / Google / Aug 01, 2019
A sports massage is a revitalizing treatment designed to promote flexibility, increase circulation, and stimulate the muscles. Our highly trained therapists will use a combination of therapeutic techniques to repair your body to promote the natural healing process so you can regain your strength and mobility. Classical methods, like Swedish massage, trigger point therapy, active release, passive release, and myofascial release, may be used in your session. This is also an ideal treatment for pre and post workouts/physical activity. 50 and 80 minutes.
The following spa treatments can be added to your sports massage for even greater relaxation:
- SCALP: Gently warmed oil is massaged into the scalp and head to relax and de-stress. *Adds 25 minutes
- FEET: Manual massage concentrating on specific reflex points on the feet. *Adds 25 minutes
- TMJ/SINUS RELIEF: Therapy to relieve sinus pressure and the painful symptoms of TMJ. *Adds 25 minutes
- HOT STONES: Add hot stones to help relieve muscle tension and pain.
- HOT SALT STONES - Add hot salt into your session to help relieve muscle tension and reduce inflammation. *Adds 25 minutes. Read our Hot Salt blog
- AROMATHERAPY: Uses natural oils to elevate your relaxation. *Does not add additional time
- CBD: Uses CBD Oil for a truly relaxing and therapeutic massage experience. *Does not add additional time. Read our CBD blog post here.
Plan Your Procedure
Get Back In The Game
Massage therapy is excellent preventive care as it helps promote healing, eases soreness, and aids in mobility. Pain or discomfort caused by overuse or strained muscles can keep you from the physical activities you love. Call Pura Vida Body & Mind Spa in Fleming Island, FL to schedule a sports massage today so you can get back in the game stronger than before.